2) It Acts as a deterrent – Led motion sensor lights are a very good deterrent against burglars. They tend to scare off amateur intruders. It is much harder to break into homes and remain unnoticed. They are an effective way to increase your home security without spending a fortune on sophisticated alarms and lighting systems.
3) No need to look for the switch – Entering a dark room and looking for the switch is no longer a problem. With the help of this technology you do not have to continually switch on and off your light because the sensor will do it for you automatically. Great for store rooms and pantrys!
4) Led sensors can be used anywhere – Sensor lights can be installed anywhere! Most commonly found lighting up driveways, a yard, an entrance, a porch or a garage. This is very practical because you don’t have to check the entire house to make sure none of the lights have been left on.
5) Very reliable motion sensor – The sensors today are very reliable. Just be sure to use a quality sensor and make sure it has been installed correctly by an experienced qualified electrician.
6) No More Fumbling for keys at the front door. No More tripping over stairs or the kids toys. It’s easy to take the rubbish out if you light the way with motion sensor lights.
Motion detectors can be
- Unswitched just relying on the sensor to control turning the lights on as needed.
- Using a standard switch wired to be Auto & on or auto & off.
- A 3 position switch wired Manual(override on), auto (sensor controlling or off. This is great for if you want to light up the yard for a BBQ use the manual override then when you want it to go back to sensor mode to deter intruders or light up a pathway just switch it to the auto mode.
Recommended in locations where you walk across detection beam, not towards it.
In narrow passage ways we recommend 2 sensors.
One at each end like in pictures: